About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I am Back!!

I have finally gotten my internet back!

Saturday night we had one heck of an electrical storm.
My son and I were on our way home when the storm hit.
What a light show.
The lightning never stopped, it was one flash after another.

Six miles from home the sky opened up.
You could only see about 5 feet in front of you as you drove, and that was with the wipers on full speed.
I could not pull over, because I travel back country roads with no place to stop.
I had not seen lighting, or driven in rain like that in a long time.
We made it home safely only to find out that there had been a loud bang in the back of our house, and all of our digital phones were fried.

My son and I walked into the house, and 10 seconds later the electricity went out.
We got our electricity back about an hour and a half later only to find out that not only had the phones been fried, but my son's computer, the internet modem, and our satellite TV receivers were also fried.

So here is a personal tip; if you have an electrical storm coming, unplug your computers, digital phones, TV's, and receivers.
Turning them off is not enough.
Oh, and apparently not all surge protectors work either.
My son's computer and the satellite receivers were plugged into surge protectors.

On a good note; Sunday was my daughters 20th Birthday.
I feel so old!   :/

She has been grooming for 11 of those years.
First the family dogs, then friends dogs, and finally customers dogs.
I am very proud of her growth as a groomer.
The customers drive her crazy, but she has wonderful scissor skills, and is very good with the dogs.
I can only hope that the customers don't burn her out, and that she will always enjoy what she does. :)

I still seem to be having trouble with the internet tonight.
I can not upload any of my pictures. :(
I will try again tomorrow night.
Sorry.

I will save tonight's tip for next Tuesday.
Wish me luck with the internet.

Happy grooming, MFF

No comments:

Post a Comment