About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Friday, October 28, 2011

10 Commandments for Grooming Your Pet

Every dog owner should be given this when they get a dog.

I plan to frame this and hang it in my lobby.



The scan did not come out the way I wanted, so I printed it out below.

10 Commandments for Grooming your Pet

~ Start Grooming Me Early...please don't wait until I am 6 months to a year old in your time. in dog years I have already aged 10-16 years old in dog years. I need to be groomed as early as 3 months old so that I can get used to the brushes, clippers and water.

~ Learn How to Brush Me...I see you brush your hair everyday, why not take a minute or two to brush mine too? I like my hair to feel nice also.  I would love the attention.

~ Give Me a  Warm Bath...You take a shower everyday. I would like to feel clean too. I get a lot of attention when I am clean. I also stay happy and healthy when I am well groomed.

~ Don't use the Garden Hose...to give me a bath. I don't want a cold bath. It's not funny when you chase me around the yard. I would like my bath better with nice warm water.

~ Don't put me in a Tub full of Water....
It scares me. I don't want to swim. A nice warm shower will do. Oh, and don't forget to put a mat in the bottom of the tub so I don't feel like I am slipping all over the place.

~Don't Bathe Me With Knots in My Hair....
My knots will not fall out when my hair is clean, they will only get worse and tighter. They will turn onto larger mats. It will hurt even more when you try to get them out.

~ Take Me to a Professional Pet Groomer...
It's okay if you don't want to brush me or wash me. There are many Professional groomers that you could take me to who would love to make me look and feel good.

~Find a Good and Nice Professional Pet Groomer...
I don't want you to take me to just anyone. Find a groomer that will be nice to me and knows what they are doing. You get what you pay for. Would you let just anyone holding scissors cut your hair?

~Don't Wait Until My Hair is all Dirty and Matted...to get me groomed. It really hurts when the knots in my hair pull my skin. Sores fester under those knots and make me feel bad.
They will have to shave all of my hair off. I want to be clean and look nice everyday, just like you.

~ Don't Laugh at Me After I Get a Hair Cut...
most of all don't laugh at me when the groomer has to cut all of my hair off because you did not take the time to take care of me!

                                                                                                              Lisa Kloid
                                                                                                        Professional Pet Groomer

Happy Grooming, MFF


1 comment:

  1. omg! im a dog groomer and i have to tell this to people every day, you express it so well.
    i wish everyone could read and use these words.

    ReplyDelete