About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Double Trouble

I only have one piece of advice tonight.

Don't ever book two puppies for their first grooming on the same day.

And, don't book them as your last appointment of the day, when you are already drained by the time they come in.

The owners of these two puppies came in last week to make an appointment for them.
They got the last couple of appointments that we had left till after the holidays.
While they were making the appointment, they asked if I could trim up around the eyes.

Sure, I could spare a couple of minutes to trim around the eyes.
The poor little guys could not see.

Well, a few minutes turned into 45 minutes.

Forty-five minutes to trim up around two little tiny, weeny puppies eyes!!

I have not had puppies like these two in... forever.

None of my tricks worked.
It did not matter how I tried to hold their heads.
They did not want anything to do with having their eyes trimmed.

Usually I can wait them out.
I just stand there and wait for them to stop fighting and give up.

Not these two.
They wore me out!

Can we say dangerous to groom.
I have to say that I was not looking forward to grooming them today.
That's saying something, because I love grooming puppies.




I got them done.
They are very sweet puppies.
They are just two very hard headed Shih-Tzu's.
Just like one I used to have.




That little one tilting his head....is very lucky to still have his eyes.
I think that he gave me a total of 16 heart attacks just trying to scissor the corner of his eyes.
When he wasn't yanking away, he was pushing his face forward into the scissors.

And, on top of everything else, they both grind their teeth when you try to hold their breads.
Ugh!
I hate that sound.
It's kind of like fingernails going across a chalkboard.

Well, their done till next time.

I am going to climb in bed now, cuddle up with my dogs, and read a senseless romance novel.

Happy Grooming, MFF

2 comments:

  1. So very cute!!! I'm working on trying to get the eyes to open up like that :) but still having eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zhitong,
      I posted a blog about how I open up the eyes on a dog if you would like to check it out;

      http://petgroomingthegoodthebadthefurry.blogspot.com/2012/01/tuesdays-tip-39.html

      Hope it helps. :)
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete