About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

No Internet!!!

Going on 4 days without internet!!

I am on my daughters computer right now.
She still has the internet.

I have two phone lines in my house because the router signal will not reach to our In-Law apartment.
So my daughter has her phone line, and the rest of the family share the other phone line for our computers.

We came home from work Thursday to no internet.
We called the phone company only to get a recording saying that they were having issues with the internet and that they were working on it.

Okay...
...so why does my daughter still have the internet?

Come home from work the next day, still no internet.
Let me tell you, it is no fun living in a house where your 17 years old son can not get on his computer to play World of Warcraft.

This time we actually talk to a real person from the phone company.

"No sir, the problem with the phone line is inside the house. That is your responsibility," the operator tells my husband.
"We see that you have a service plan on the other line but not his one," she continues.
"We can send a technician out there tomorrow. It will be $91 for the first 30 minutes, and $41 for every 15 minutes after the first 30 minutes," she explained.
"That is insane," my husband told her.
"We will take care of it ourselves, thank you," and he hung up.

Ninety one  dollars for half and hour of work!!!

Why can't I charge that?
Come on now, walk into a house, check some wires, $91!
I bet that they charge you for the entire 30 minutes even if they are only here for 10.

Ugh.
As groomers, we are so under paid for our skills.
As I sit here typing this, I am looking at my arm.
Seven big, long, ugly, deep scratches form holding a small, 10 pound Chihuahua mix while it was getting it's nails clipped.

Don't get me wrong.
I am not saying the phone company worker don't deserve to be paid well, it just seems that the pay scales are so out of proportion.

Of course, I have to remember that we only play with dogs all day.  :(

Sorry, small rant.
I think that I am going through internet withdraw.
Uh oh, that's not a good thing.

Thankfully my husband and his cousin know how to run phone line in the house, so the next morning they started testing the line....and found nothing wrong!

Back on the phone with the phone company.
"The phone lines inside the house are fine. The interference is coming from the box outside," my husband informed the operator.
"Oh, I see that you are correct sir. We will have someone out there today at no charge to you since the trouble is outside the house." the operator explained.

That was yesterday.

No one showed up.

Still no internet.

So... we wait for the phone man to show up tomorrow.
Do you think that my customers would be happy if I just decided not to groom their dogs when I said that I would?

They better h show up tomorrow.

Of course, what can I do about it if they don't?

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow.  :)
My son needs his World of Warcraft fix.
That's okay, if it keeps him happy and out of trouble, he can play it all he wants.

Wish me luck.

Happy Grooming, MFF

3 comments:

  1. Funny you say that, i had this CRAZY weener dogs bite, scratch, and rip off my hand the other day.. then today, I was wating in line with a petsmart smock on and a "oh! I'll trade you! you get to go play with puppies allday" .. i'm thinking oh GOD! make my day and trade meeee. And then she saw my hand, and I said "yeah, playtime's fun" .. and she handed my my drink and looked sorry for saying it. lol!
    People dont understand what playtime really means :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,
    I hope your hand is okay.
    Maybe all of us groomers should take pictures of all of our grooming injuries and post them in our lobbies with a sign saying "We play with dogs...NOT!"
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha great idea! now that I proof-read that I sounded weird, but you got he point im guessing. But yes, my hand is intact still thankfully! not sure if you ever get dachsunds in there, but they are EVIL.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete