About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Just Wanted to Share

We rarely get short hair dogs in for full grooming.
We have a Self-Serve Pet Wash that most short haired dog owners opt to use instead of having us bathe the dog.

Every once in a while you get a short hair dog owner that wants nothing to do with bathing their own dog, and will make a full grooming appointment.

Today I had  one of those dogs in.

I fell in love with dog immediately.

A nine month old American Bull Dog.

What a love bug.

The second I touched her, she was all wiggly and full of kisses.





Don't you just love this face?

She was so good for her first bath.

Although, I don't know who was wetter, me or her.

Every once in a while you have those dogs that you just really take your time grooming because they are such a joy to work on.




She was even great for the dryer.

I took an hour to do her.

Half an hour to bathe and hand dry her, half an hour of playing with her.

I couldn't help it.

She would suddenly slam her front paws on the drying table and stick her butt in air, looking at me saying; "Come on and play!"

What else could I do?

I played with her.

She also gave teeny, tiny kisses.

Her under-bite was so pronounced that she couldn't seem to get her tongue out to kiss right. :)

What a joy she was to groom.

Her owners didn't pick her up till late and she never made a sound all day.

Love this dog!

Happy Grooming, MFF

6 comments:

  1. www.facebook.com/PizzazzPoodleBows

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!!! Hopefully, she will become regular customer, coming in on the days when you especially need cute-looking well-behaved easy dog to groom!
    tvergirl2001

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL dogs like this are why I would never be able to have a self service dog wash! I work out of a daycare with lots of short haired pups and sometimes it is a really nice break to have a bunch of baths in between full grooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy,
    You are right. That is the down side of having a Self-Serve.
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually it just occurred to me that if I had a self service dog wash I would probably make the same amount of money as I do grooming them myself in the end, I would have more time in my schedule and less pick ups and drop offs to deal with throughout the day. Hmmmm...

    lol!

    Do people tend to need help very often with self service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindy,
      Actually, most people don't like to have any help. The few times that I have tried to offer help, people seem to act a little offended, like I don't think that they know how to bathe their own dogs. :/
      My husband runs the Self-Serve. I can't stand to watch people wash their dogs. Most of them do a terrible job. When I first opened the Self-Serve, I was worried that they would waste a lot of shampoo. lol The opposite is true. They hardly use any shampoo. It drives me crazy.
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete