About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Got A Call Today....

Rest in Peace 'Puppy'
We will miss you.


Lend Me A Pup
I will lend to you for awhile
a puppy, God said
For you to love him while he lives
and to mourn for him when he is gone.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe for two or three
But will you, till I call him back
take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you
and (should his stay be brief)
you'll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise that he will stay,
since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below
I want this pup to learn.
I've looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life's land
I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love
Nor think the labor vain
Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again.

Author Unknown


 
NOW I MUST GO
Send me to the Bridge I pray
when I no longer run and play.
When my limbs can't bear my weight
and dignity is stripped by fate.
Look into my eyes, you'll find
I will let you know, it's time.
You must help me from this edge.
Now it's time, I make this pledge.
I leave you for the Bridge today.
Anew, I run, I bark, I play!
We shared a life of many things
and to your heart my leaving brings;
the pain of loss, I feel it too,
but Master, know, this I must do.

I must leave first, to make the way
for you to follow me someday.
Beyond the sunset, where all pain ends
we'll meet again, the best of friends.
Just as I snuggled in your heart,
you're in mine too, we aren't apart.
I watch you from afar and pray,
it's time to heal, heal some each day.
Please dry those tears and smile for me,
and know at last that I am free.
There is no pain or suffering here.
The sun shines brightly everywhere.
There isn't even one cross look,
it's not allowed here in His book.
No clouds of gray will gather here,
no storms will ever threaten.
We are at peace here,
and the Bridge is Heaven.

Author: Barbara J. Miller

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Cried some tears for my beloved Dexter after reading this post. Simple and beautiful. I don't know if you've read this one yet or not: http://thewritinggroomer.blogspot.com/2012/07/dexter.html

    Thank you for sharing with all of us.
    Jennifer
    The Writing Groomer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      I will be honest and say that I only made it about three quarts of the way through your post about losing Dexter. It hit way too close to home. A few years ago we lost our Lady to the same thing. I found a lump under her arm one day and know right away that it wasn't good. We had just gotten her over a very bad case of Lymes. I truly believe that the Lymes caused the cancer to surface sooner than it may have. She lasted only 4 months. Like you, she told me when it was time. It was a week after we lost my husbands Collie to stomach cancer. It was a very rough time.
      I am sure that your Dexter and my Lady are running and playing just waiting for the day we meet them at The Rainbow Bridge. :)
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about your loss :( and the owners too. You treated him well until the end, and the owners have a wonderful image to remember their puppy by.

    ReplyDelete