About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hi........


 .......my name is Radar.

I live at My Furry Friends.

My previous caregiver put me in a cage one day and sat me outside of My Furry Friends...and left me there.

I have been living here ever since.

I spend a lot of my time in the employee room bugging my new owners son while he is trying to do his school work.

Or, I play with Jessica's dog Copper.




Lately I have been spending my days wondering around the shop.
I like to sit at the front door and watch the birds in the parking lot.
Sometimes I jump up on the table in the lobby to munch on the bamboo plant, but someone always seems to catch me doing that.

I really like to jump up onto the counter when I hear the door bell ring.
My owners think that I do it because I like people and want them to pet me, but I really do it because I like to see some of the people jump backwards when I startle them. bahahahaha!!
I also like sticking my head in purses that customers sit on the counter.

Oh, and guess what?

Some of those dogs that come into the shop are scared of me!!

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

A dog scared of a cat!!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! 

My owners are really no fun at all, because every darn time a dog is scared of me, someone comes and picks me up and puts me in another room.

That's okay, there are always other dogs coming in. :)

Sometimes I like to go in the grooming room and get in the front window.
I can sit there forever watching people, and the birds that live in the sign above the shop.
Every once in a while I really get a treat when one of those silly squirrels come over to the shop from across the street.

Today I was sitting in the front window for a while, but it got boring because there were no birds and no people to watch.








So, I sat behind my owners backboard for a while watching the dogs in the kennels, but they were boring too.










What to do......what to do?









Hmmmmmm, Mom is working on a dog.







 Whatcha doing Mom?

Can I play with this dog?








That goofy dog wouldn't even look at me.









She wasn't even scared of me.









She actually turned her face away and showed me her butt!!!






Can you believe that!!


Well, I'll get her attention!



















NOTHING!!

Not a single reaction!!








Darn you Mom for clipping my nails.

How is a cat supposed to get a dogs attention when you clip my beautiful, sharp pointy nails off?








Well, this has turned out to be no fun either.






  I am outa here.

I think that I will go bother Ben, or play with Copper, or eat some Bamboo, or startle a customer, or......








 




 I'll let Riley chew on me for a while.








Bye.


Oh, I forgot......
Happy Grooming, Radar

6 comments:

  1. Just the laugh I needed. I've been working 11 hour days, and I've been too tired to write a blog for a while, so this quick laugh was lovely. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that your days are a little better Jennifer,
      It's too early in the season for those long hours, but on the other hand, I am glad that you are busy. Give yourself a break once in a while and take care of yourself.
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete
  2. Sweet! Really liking your idea for a tool rack too. Cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    you really should write books you really have a way with words and your compassion and sincerity really shines through. your care for animals and willingness to help a fellow groomer to be better and care for their animals. you have a gift for being able to convey meanings and directions that are easy to follow and understand. a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley!
      That is very nice of you to say.
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete