About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

An Easy Day....Finally!

I say 'finally', because I groom so many geriatric, special needs, and biting dogs, that everyday has at least one of these types of dogs, some days two or three.
 
I do like grooming these types of dogs, because I like the challenge. 
 I like to work with biting dogs and eventually get them to the point where they trust me and no longer bite.

Even though I like grooming these types of dogs, I need a break away from them once in a while.
 These types of grooms are very draining.


And, it has been a while since I have had a break!

Today was a very pleasant grooming day.
No special needs dogs.
No elderly dogs. 
No biting dogs.

Well, that is not totally true.
I had this one.


 I did have this little lady.

She was so sweet, but unbelievably petrified.

I had to talk her through the bath, blow dry, and haircut.

She was head shy, and did snap for her nails, but she was never mean.

All the snapping was from fear.

She would put her teeth on me, but never press hard enough to hurt or brake skin.
All I had to do was talk to her and she would stop. 

I spent a lot of time hugging her, praising her, and reassuring her that everything was alright. 






I actually really enjoyed grooming her.

Her owner made another appointment, so I hope they become regulars so that I can show this scared little Yorkie that grooming is okay.





Here is another very pleasant dog to groom.

She is so calm and so sweet.

Her owner takes great care of her coat so she never has any mats.











Her back gets hand scissored to a Cocker pattern.

Yes, I could use a clip comb, but hand scissoring is actually easier and quicker for me.








She also gets her legs scissored.

She stands so nice on the table.

She is a dream to groom.





This little lady isn't crazy about the grooming, but she still behaves on the table.

The biggest problem with her is making sure that I have gotten all of those really teeny, tiny pin mats out of her coat.

I told her owner today that I swear there is a ity-bitty little person that lives in her hair, and every time I am sure that I have gotten all of the knots out, that little ity-bity person runs through her hair and puts some more tiny pin mats in her hair.

It almost never seems to fail, I run the comb through her just one more time to make sure, and find another teeny, tiny pin mat. 

Of course, if that is the only problem I have with a dog, I am happy.

So, those were a few of the pleasant dogs that I groomed today.

Here's to hoping for another pleasant day tomorrow. :)

Oh, I will post about the last little dog again tomorrow.
I tried something different with the bows.
It didn't come out the way I was hoping, (I need to get smaller bows) but I 'll show you what I did anyway.

Happy Grooming, MFF

4 comments:

  1. They all look so nice, you are super talented! I know exactly what you mean about pin mats- what a cute way to describe how they get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see you do different styles of Yorkies that you do. You posted pictures of the different ones you do on Shih Tzu and they were awesome. Thanks Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,
      I will have to work on a Yorkie post. :)
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete