About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Just A Quick Note

Right now my eyeballs are about to fall out of my head.

I know some things about computers, but there is a lot I don't know.
So, I have spent this evening learning how to make a PDF file.
Turned out to be pretty simple, but it took me forever to find something, or someone to explain just how simple it was.

The PDF file is done, now I just have to find a way to share it that will not cost me money.
I want to share the mat chart and flash cards to my fellow groomers for free, so I am trying to find a way for everyone to download the file without me having to pay a monthly fee.

I have checked a out a few websites that are supposed to be free, but it turns out that the free part is minimal, and I would have to pay monthly for a download to be continually available from my blog.

So, I am still looking.

If there are any teck savvy groomers out there that know about something that would work that I haven't found yet, leave a message in the comments.

One other note;  I have 17 comments waiting that I haven't had a chance to get to yet, so if you left me a question, I will get to them in the next couple of days.
Sorry for the wait.

Happy Grooming, MFF

7 comments:

  1. https://www.box.com/home/ might be useful. The personal account is free.

    http://www.scribd.com/ I'm not sure on this one but I believe it's free to host your stuff. You'd have to check it out more in depth though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how to help you but just wanted to say thank you. Inspired by your example, I was trying to make my own mat chart. But yours would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you make a concept mail with the pdf enclosed, you can send everybody who email you this standard mail, only you have to copy / paste there mail adres everytime. Greetings, Claudia / Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered Dropbox? It's a free service where you download Dropbox and can put documents into a file that you make public. Other people (who also download dropbox) can copy things out of the public folder. It's cloud storage, basically and I think you get a Gig free for signing up. I use it as photo backup. You can also set it up so any pics you take with your phone are uploaded automatically, saves some hassle if you are a phone pic taker and don't want to lose them.
    Anyway, you can use this link to download dropbox; http://db.tt/mYo7UsZZ. Side note, if you do use this link, or if you post this comment and anyone uses this link, it does give me an upgrade in storage space, which is awesome for me. Google dropbox for info if you want to verify what I'm talking about. :)
    This chart would have been so dang handy when I had a grooming shop! I did hang on to a piece of felted fur so I could show how bad mats could really get. Seemed gross to hang that on the wall, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, not sure about a website you can put it on, but on Facebook you can upload a file to the grooming happiness group, and I believe group members would be able to download it. There's a tab at the top of the page "files" and if you click on that tab, you can "add file" from there! I'll keep my eyes open for another source of upload/download.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as how to get the file out to everyone, you should just be able to upload it in a blog post. As far as making a PDF, any word file can be saved as a PDF. Just hit 'save as' then PDF.

    ReplyDelete