About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Winners...

...of Groom Expos Creative Grooming Competition 2015

** NOTE: To anyone who lands on this blog entry that does not agree with creative grooming, I suggest that you move on and not even bother looking at this post. This creative competition is a one day competition that lasts for a few hours. The dogs are given a break during the grooming so that they do not have to stand on a grooming table for the entire time. The rules are strict and the colors used are pet safe. These dogs are very much loved by their owners (the groomers). They live like any other well loved dog. They run, they play, and they sleep most of the day away. AND they do not care if their hair is a different color. They DO love the attention they get from being colored.

 Here are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.


 


 Groomer: Christine Trovato

Theme: Who Let The Dogs Out

THIRD PLACE WINNER











This groomer made her Standard Poodle into an Airedale. 









BEFORE>


1st Side

 
AFTER>

2nd Side








                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 



Groomer: Cat Opson

Theme: Scooby-Doo

SECOND PLACE WINNER 








 BEFORE>



1st Side


AFTER>

2nd Side












                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




 FIRST PLACE WINNER

Groomer: Angela Kumpe
Theme: The Mermaid


















AFTER>

1st Side
 Then she turned her dog around for the first time for everyone to see.




2nd Side

A Mermaid laying across the top of the dog with her hair flowing down the dogs back leg and the tail over the dogs head. 






I wish that I could have gotten a picture from above the dog.






There you have it!
Another year of Creative come and gone.
What a  great job everyone did.

























2 comments:

  1. Amazing! My first thought wow. I'm just looking for advice on scissoring my puppy and I found this very cool contest!! I love other articles I've read so far about gentle grooming. It's pretty much the reason I'm grooming my own puppy... most videos on grooming I see , well I won't subject my girl to the rough handling... thank you for this amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete